Tuesday 30 December 2014

My New Years Resolutions



New Years is of course a massive cliche and I've been through enough disappointing New Year's Eves and broken resolutions to know better than thinking a new year will bring about life changing events and I'm pretty sure if I see another 'New Year, New Me' status, my eyes will roll out of my skull but it is a good opportunity to rethink some things and bring about some small changes that can make a big difference. So here are mine:

1. Write More

Writing is part of my job and I have blogged more frequently this year, but I really want to make a conscious effort to write even more and produce a more polished blog as well as revisit creative writing. I bought myself 642 Things to Write About and have not filled in nearly enough of it, so in 2015 I want to get that book finished and keep honing my skill.

2. Get Back on the Health and Fitness Track

This year I made really good progress on losing weight and getting fit, but in the latter half of the year I went off kilter and didn't get back into a routine. I want to get that routine back, get into better shape and lose weight. There is no way I want to go back to what I was and now is as good a time as any with Christmas out the way. This does mean the gym is going to be pure hell.

3. Go to New York

This is already in the planning stages and saving but I want to go New York in May for my 25th birthday. So lets get those flights booked, money saved up and get me to my favourite city in the world in about 5 months time. This is going to require strict saving - time to be good. At least this time I'll be able to drink and explore a bit more of that famous New York nightlife.

4. Read More

I really want to get more reading done in 2015, despite getting though a few this year, there are still so many books I want to read and I'd like to avoid the distractions of social media and TV and get through books quicker next year!

5. Spend Less

With a trip to New York planned, I need to stop shopping and making my money disappear and actually save money to spend when I'm out there and survive the months without using my overdraft or finding I've not left enough over for rent and bills. Time to get financially responsible!

6. Get a Social Life or Get Busy

I spend too many weekends and evenings on the sofa doing nothing, so I really need to get a bit more busy and social to stop me feeling frustrated and hopefully make new friends and plans. It really would be nice to go into work on Mondays and have a better reply to 'What did you do this weekend' than 'Absolutely nothing'.

7. Be Charitable

I did the Moonwalk this year, which was challenging but felt like such an achievement by the end. I also organised two bake sales at work. For 2015, I want to keep the charity up and challenge myself once again and do more. You really can't take life for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment