Monday 2 January 2012

New Year

I'm sorry I've neglected this blog so much, it's been an odd 5 months. Since finishing uni and my graduation, I've been working a lot and trying to sort my life out. Alas, I'm still not a full time professional journalist, but I do begin a two month internship in a week and I have had freelance work every few months. I'll get there...hopefully sooner than later.

Meanwhile, a new year has begun and I'm making some resolutions and goals. The start of the year always scares me, I can never imagine where I'll be by the end of it. So much can happen in a year, and that opening of possibility always scares me. Especially at this time of my life when anything could happen.

By the end of the year, I want to be in a professional job and in my own place. Two big goals but something I need and want to achieve. I am not one of these people that can just let life pass them by, I need to achieve things and reach my goals. I can't sit waiting for life to begin, I need to make it happen.

Along with life goals, the year brings the typical new year diet. This year however, I actually intend to stick to it. I need to take better care of myself, inside and out.

I also intend to pay more attention to this blog, it's been an odd relationship. I have been slack and I will rectify this. I need to write more, I need to keep in practise and I need to vent my many thoughts on something other than Twitter.

As for love, who knows. It's one of those unpredictable things, and I've come to a point in my life where I have no expectations. I'm so used to near misses, let downs and the single life that I'm no longer bothered either way. And that's a place I've had to get to for years. I can laugh instead of cry, and I'm a stronger person because of it. In some ways, being single during these vital years has made me who I am and independent and strong because of it. I don't need anyone except myself. And those who I do have, I am all the more thankful for.

2011 had it's ups and downs, and I'm a better and stronger because of it.

These whole 'New Year, new me' blogs are so cliche, but I have a genuine good feeling and I want it to be an important year for me. I have good intentions and hopes and I can't wait to get started.

Happy New Year folks, let's not leave it so long next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment